Friday, March 29, 2013

Bestest Salsa Ever (AOC)

I did a study on salsa, mainly by tasting lots of different ones! I like bold flavors so I tend to use a lot of lime and cilantro when making Mexican style dips. Like any of my recipes, you can add or subtract amounts of ingredients to suit your taste. My only rule is that you use all fresh ingredients when called for.  Jarred garlic and lime juice in a bottle are not acceptable. The bottled and jarred products are pasteurized which dramatically changes the flavor. If you want it to taste like Aunt Claire's then use the fresh stuff unless noted. In this case, you can use jarred jalapeno and of course, the beans can be canned or you can cook your own which I do, sometimes, well, rarely.

Best Salsa Ever


3 , 15 oz can cans diced tomatoes( I like the Hunt’s fire roasted )

 3 Tbsp. chipotle salsa 
 Juice of 2 fresh limes

1 Tbsp. diced jalapeno 

 1 clove garlic

 ¼ cup minced fresh onion

 1 bunch cilantro, chopped ( you can use most of the stems too)
 2 tsp.  ground cumin

Salt and pepper to taste

2 Tablespoons olive oil

Place cilantro, onion, and garlic and jalapeno in food processor and pulse until minced well. Add 2 cans tomatoes and all remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Add 3rd can of tomatoes and give 3 quick pulses. I like to have a few chunks but it is ok if you want it smooth. Just pulse a little longer.






No comments:

Post a Comment