Friday, March 29, 2013

Black Bean Dip

Out of all the recipes I have designed, this is the ugliest. It looks like purple mud. You will get a lot of "what is it?" questions when you set it out. However, it is my absolute favorite. I never get tired of making it or eating it. It is a crowd pleaser. The flavors are bold. It will take your guests  a few bites to decifer the complextiy. Caution, if you don't cilantro, don't make this!!!


Black Bean Dip (ACO)

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
juice of two limes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp. chipotle salsa ( I use San Marcos)
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 bunch cilantro
Salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp.)

Place all ingt. in a food processor and blend until smooth. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of water if the dip is too thick. Serve with tortilla chips.

Note: Do not use the juice that comes in a bottle. It will not taste the same. I use an electric juicer for the limes. If you don't have one, you may want to use 3 limes. I add juice then taste, add juice then taste. I like lots of lime but you can adjust any of the ingredients to your taste level. This dish refrigerates well and keeps for a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment