Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hansen's in the Summer

We have made it a tradition. Our annual pilgrimage to Hansen's Sno Bliz of New Orleans has become a must in the summer when the temperature is in the high 90's. Hansen's has been in existence for 73 years and  is still family owned. The ice machine they use is the original and shaves up  the most powdery ice you have ever tasted.  Their homemade syrups are mixed daily.  Notice the decades-old wine bottles with the worn writing.  Cool, huh? Since you can't leave pets in the car in the summer, worry not. Just put your canine on a leash and walk right in. They will fix a special free  ice sno bliz to cool your pup down while you wait.  






My favorite is the satsuma with condensed milk. The owner makes this flavor from locally grown satsumas. As you can see, it is quite a sensual experience for me. I do my best to refrain from ordering ginormous sizes. Definitely worth the 85 miles we drove to get this little cup of sweet perfection.
Posted by Picasa



It is now spring and I am going to have to wait until the temperature rises to  get my fix. I have to stop thinking about it. You can read more about Hansen's at  www.snobliz.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment